Because I love what I do so much, and I consider my work as play, I have been accused more than once of being a workaholic. The worse part of it, though, is that I like the title. However, I am always trying to establish the right balance for my life. For instance, I have no problem taking vacations and also forcing myself to take Sundays off (I consider them a “me” day).
So, please look at this list below. If at least three of these statements sound like you, congratulations! You’re officially a workaholic.
- You have a hard time taking at least a day off a week
- You work more than 60 hours a week
- You have not taken a vacation in over a year
- You bring work at home and you think it is justified.
- You spend less and less time with family and friends, and you also feel justified, because it is work.
- You are constantly late for social events because of work.
What tips do you have to help improve the balance of your life?