This is why in one of my morning practices, I try to read a passage or reminder from many of the books I hold near and dear to me.
In this week’s Reminder, I’d like to thank Lindsey for her wonderful suggestion of a book by Mr. Bob Burg and Mr. John D. Mann titled The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea.
In this book, they list the 5 laws of stratospheric success:
1. The Law of Value. Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
(This one I had a hard time understanding, however it’s actually the very basis of how I started my brand. It just took me a while to figure out how to also make money while giving.)
2. The Law of Compensation. Your Income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them. (I could not have said it better. Service, service, service.)
3. The Law of Influence. Your Influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first. (I think one of the biggest influencers of our time is my dear Oprah, and I think she mostly became who she is by practicing this law.)
4. The Law of Authenticity. The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself. (This is my number one reminder to all of you, please keep this in mind even in times of defeat.)
5. The Law of Receptivity. The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving. (If at times it might feel like we are giving away our services, it’s also important to stay open to being grateful for everything we are also receiving.)
I suggest that you all run and buy this book. It’s a short read, but it could become a powerful daily reminder.
Do you also have a daily reminder? If so, please share it with us. Also, whcih of the above points resonated with you and why?