I suspect that most of us don’t really know our area’s going rate for wedding and event planning services. So it’s little wonder that we’re constantly anxious about whether we’re overcharging or undercharging. Often it feels like one big guessing game!
Today I want to try and change that, at least a little bit. But let’s have some fun with it. (Humor me, please.) Below are five different services as well as the range in price we here in New York City charge for them. In the comments, please tell me what you think your area typically charges for these same services. Hopefully, all of us will learn something!
1. Wedding and Event Planning Services: The going rate here in NYC can be anywhere from $5,000 to $100,000, depending on an event’s complexity.
2. Wedding and Event Food and Beverage: The going rate here in NYC can be anywhere from $125 a person to $750. This includes servers.
3. Wedding and Event Invitations: The going rate here in NYC can be anywhere from $10 to $250 per invitation. Yes, folks, those Swarovski crystal Save the Dates can add up!
4. Wedding Cake: The going rate here in NYC can be anywhere from $500 to $20,000.
5. Wedding Bouquets and Reception Flowers: The going rate here in NYC can be anywhere from $5,000 to $500,000.
What do these same wedding and event services cost in your area? Let’s help each other out. Please share!
And don’t forget to send in your questions to email@example.com
Every Tuesday I will respond to a reader right here on my blog!