This morning Preston was on WPIX showing viewers how to turn bodega flowers into amazing centerpieces. (Click here to watch a clip!)
On the show, Preston made his iconic flower poodle sculptures. We love ‘em because they look so impressive but aren’t difficult to make.
To prove it, we’ve put together a step-by-step photo guide to make it even easier to recreate Preston’s poodles at home. Enjoy!
Silk Flowers (Cherry Blossoms or any other small flowers)
3 Styrofoam Balls, 3″ in diameter
1 Styrofoam Ball, 2″ in diameter
1 Styrofoam Sheet, 8″w x 10″l x 1/2″d
2 Black Lucite Crystals
1. Clip the floral sticks so they are 8-10″ in length (Cut 6 together)
2. Tape the ends of the sticks with floral tape
3. Make a hole in the Styrofoam ball using the sticks and place sticks in hole.
4. Connect 3 Styrofoam balls together with sticks.
5. Secure the sticks with glue gun
6. Now you have a base structure
7. Cut Styrofoam sheet into 1″ cube with a hole in the center
8. Place 4 pieces of 1″cube Styrofoam to make paws
9. Secure paws with glue gun
10. Cut Styrofoam sheet to make ears and nose
11. Glue the nose and secure it with stick
12. Glue the ears and secure them with sticks
13. Tape the base with masking tape
14. Place tissue in between the 2 Styrofoam balls to make the body wider
15. Glue the flower on the base
16. Keep gluing the flowers to the entire base
17. Glue pin to the Lucite crystal
18. Make a bow with ribbon, wire and rhinestone for the ears. Glue rhinestone trim to legs and neck