My Latest Book: Dear Preston Has Been Published
February 5, 2013
Throughout my career, I have received numerous letters and emails from a number of you, and many of the same questions have been recurring.
- Where do I start?
- How do I gain experience?
- How do I stand out from the crowd?
- What is the best way to go about finding new clients?
- Should I give my creative input before the contract has been signed?
- How do I deal with a client who insists on executing a terrible idea?
- What does a good contract look like?
- How do I deal with copycats? Will they plagiarize the work on my website?
- Can I keep certain vendors as my own “secret weapon” or do I need to share them?
After putting together five books, I decided to answer these questions by sharing my own personal experiences in a book that is very dear to my heart. “Dear Preston: Doing Business With Our Hearts” has finally been published, and I could not be happier to share it with all of you as it really was a labor of love. Many people have asked me how I have survived 33 years in this industry. I believe it comes down to my practicing three very basic elements in business: Generosity, empathy, and trust.
“Dear Preston” was also a reminder to everyone (including myself) that it is OK to work to turn your creative vision into a lucrative business.
If you have been asking yourself any of the questions mentioned above, or you find yourself stuck in a bit of a professional purgatory, I hope this book will give you the encouragement and insight to make the necessary tweaks, and to keep moving forward with your vision and hope.
I truly hope all of you enjoy it.
Question: I would like to first say this is not for my ego, just information. Of all of my books, which did you find to be the most helpful? Do you think it was a good idea doing a business book?