Make Your Dreams Come True
November 2, 2011
Last night I was talking to a good friend of mine, who happens to be one of the most entrepreneurial people I know. He dreams big. And he reminds me a little of myself and my own professional journey. Our conversation made me think about all of the dreams I have as a designer and an artist.
My dear friend also said something that really struck me:
He said, “The problem with most dreams is that they just remain dreams. They seldom become reality. We forget that in order to make a dream a reality, it takes a lot of good old-fashioned and very tedious work. That’s where most folks go wrong. They usually run out of steam and give up.” He’s right.
So today I want to ask each of you to take a moment and reevaluate your dreams. Ask yourself these three important questions:
1. What is my dream?
2. What is stopping me from moving ahead with my dream?
3. What can I do daily to make my dream a reality?
Here are my answers:
1. One of my dreams is to write a book about doing business with integrity, eliminating greed, and embracing our highest creative selves.
2. Time and fear are holding me back. A part of me is afraid that I’m not good enough.
3. Every day I can set aside two hours to work on this book.
Dear Readers, what are your answers? Please share your dreams and the things that are holding you back in the comments below. Maybe writing your answers down and sharing them here will help all of us move forward.