LPS WALKMANS iBOOKS: CLEANING OUT MY STUFF AND MY MEMORIES
July 4, 2011
Happy Fourth of July! This holiday weekend, I’ve taken some time to clean out my life. I’m in the process of redesigning my home, which has required me to get rid of a lot of stuff and go through things I had forgotten I had. I’ve even found several items that I had thought were gone forever.
Here are a few of the goodies I found; it’s been a real trip down memory lane!
1. My Walkman (Remember those?)
2. My iBook “Clamshell” laptop (At the time, I thought it was so cool, but now it just looks like a toilet seat!)
3. My LP record collection and record player (I have so many fond memories of my LPs.)
I suspect some other things we all have will likely go the way of Walkmans and records. I did a little research and came up with a list of things we’ll all have to start letting go of eventually.
1. Checks. (Very soon all transactions will be done online, I think.)
2. Newspapers. (Most young folks read the newspaper exclusively online. I bet they’ve never gotten newspaper ink on their fingers!)
3. Books. (They’re being rapidly replaced by e-books.)
4. Land lines. (It’s all smart phones these days.)
5. Privacy. (There are cameras on the streets, and everything we do online and with our mobile phones can be tracked.)
I don’t know if these changes are good or bad. But I do know I still miss my LPs.
Dear Readers, what things are you sad to see become obsolete? What would you bring back?